Creating a wildlife haven one plant at a time

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 30 Day Challenge: Day 25



A hard frost late last week put an end to all the beautiful fall foliage. So yesterday my husband and I spent a good 6 hours gathering leaves (yes, we have that many) for the compost. I caught a glimpse of this Japanese Maple leaf as the morning light shone through it. It was a stunning glow and was extra special as it was the last one hanging on.

Today I am thankful for the little joys found in my day.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, it's that time of year. I have spent several hours the last couple of days raking leaves. But it's been so warm and sunny it's pleasure to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I have to look high and low to capture some leaves with Autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Japanese maples and wish I had one. Lucky you! Those leaves are stunning. I still have a few hanging onto my dogwood. They just refuse to give up.

    I'm so glad you tried the Upside Down turkey method!! Hooray for easy and effective!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never occurred to me in my Southern garden, that frost would affect autumn leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful treasure to have found in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty leaf! I love Japanese maples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. composting is one of the most satisfying operation when it comes to find a reason for why do we spend so much time collecting leaves every year !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful red! Love this one. One of my favorites this fall from you.

    ReplyDelete

"Don't wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your soul"

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love hearing from you!