The Greatest Gift is a Surprise


Finding good surprises in unexpected places always brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. Like this morning glory that I found growing at the edge of my garden and the empty lot next door. What a happy way to start my morning stroll through the garden.


I received another surprise that morning when this dog showed up by my side. He looks similar to our dog Biscuit but he is the wrong color. Do you see the similarity? LOL! Somewhere under those layers of red clay is our dog Biscuit.


Dirty, naughty dog on the left (before). Clean, behaved dog on the right (after). Biscuit really had a good time running around in our lovely Georgia clay the day after it rained. Can you say bath time!

But what really made my day was when Cherry from Cherry's Garden and More nominated Southern Meadows for the Sunshine Award. I was overjoyed. Cherry is a fellow Georgia blogger who writes about life in the South from her charming city of Savannah. She has a gorgeous garden, shares scrumptious recipes, stunning photos and her blog oozes with her charm and great sense of humor. Reading her blog always makes me happy.


The Sunshine Blog Award is a prize awarded to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:

Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
Answer the questions below.
Pass on the award to 5 bloggers you like, link their blogs and let them know you awarded them.

1
1.  Favorite color ~ this one is easy, blue but in the garden it is yellow.   

2.  Favorite Animal ~ this one is harder because I love all creatures big and small (well, maybe not voles so much) but dogs are my favorite (even when they are naughty).

3.  Favorite Number ~ hmmm….don’t really have one. Should I?

4.  Favorite non-alcoholic drink ~ most definitely tea but unsweet…not very Southern of me is it!

5.  Facebook or Twitter ~ Facebook. I haven’t plunged into the world of Twitter yet.

6.  My passion ~ gardening for wildlife. I love watching the natural world interact. So many great lessons to be learned from Mother Nature.

7.  Getting or Giving Presents ~ It’s a tie…love the joy of giving presents but also love receiving.

8.  Favorite Pattern ~ I’m not so big on patterns. I am more of a textures kind of gal.
 
9.  Favorite Day of the Week ~ Saturday when all the family is home.

10.  Favorite Flower ~ this is the toughest question of all…I love so many flowers but I will pick the Sunflower because it just always makes me happy (and it is yellow).

Now for the hard part...picking 5 blogs, because truly all the blogs I read deserve this award! 

So I've picked five blogs that I recently started following that are wonderful.

Gardening with Nature - Birdwoman gardens in zone 9a in Houston, Texas where her garden is designed for attracting wildlife especially the birds! Be sure to visit her blog and see all the native plants in her garden.

The Queen of Seaford - writes from Upstate South Carolina less than 2 hours from me. And can you believe we haven't met (yet!).  We live in the same zone, are Master Gardeners, have both moved around a lot, enjoy exploring with our camera and continuously learning about gardening (and many other subjects).

The Pyjama Gardener - so passionate about gardening PJ Girl doesn't bother to change before talking a stroll through her fabulous garden in the UK.  You must see her amazing kitchen garden. It is to die for. And she grows everything organically!

Girl Sprout NM - writes about her gardening experiences in New Mexico. She also has some things to say about food too! Oh, and she has the most adorable rescue dog named Aster!

Muse (formerly known as Going Native) - Mary shares her experience with wildlife at her home and garden she has affectionately named Marshview.  She has many native plants and wonderful photos of the wildlife that visit her garden.


So there you have it. Happy day and thank you Cherry for nominating me!


Some friendships are made by nature,
some by contract,
some by interest, 
and some by souls.
~ Jeremy Taylor


Hugs,
Karin

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe that Biscuit is covered with all of that red clay. I had my first morning glory a few days ago. Thanks so much for the award; that's so sweet of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took almost a whole bottle of shampoo to get him clean!

      Delete
  2. That was a lovely and colorful surprise! And congratulations! You definitely deserve this award. Sunflowers always make me smile. They just seem to exude happiness, and it is infectious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for nominating Gardening With Nature. I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karin, thanks so much for thinking of me for this award! I haven't done an award.
    Your poor pup! I feel for you with the clay, know where you are coming from!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful old fashioned morning glories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like two different dogs... but they have the same smile :-)
    Thank you so much Karin for nominating The Pyjama Gardener for a Sunshine award, it's really kind of you, and it was a lovely suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man that red clay really is very red isn't it? He had a lot of fun though. :) What a cutie!

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome and I love that you named a couple of blogs I have not visited yet. At first I really though it was two different puppies ...lol
    hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karin, Thank you so much for the nomination. I am honored. Do you know where I can get the logo so I can add the widget to my blog page?

    ReplyDelete
  10. When they say red they mean red! I so agree good flowering surprises in the garden are a delight. gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am waiting for my morning glories to get growing...such a well deserved award Karin and 5 wonderful blogs to also give the award to...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to laugh at Biscuit. And he looks so proud of himself, like saying, "I'm such a handsome fellow, even as a redhead."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my..that must have been a very long doggy bath..I love sunflowers also..Congrats on your award...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun Biscuit had out there. He looks a lot like me after a hard day in the garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for you!! Biscuit looks like he had a blast! That is one happy dog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally got my post up for this award. Didn't exactly follow the directions. http://thequeenofseaford.blogspot.com/2012/06/gbbd-how-can-it-be-june-already.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a lovely and colorful surprise! And congratulations! You definitely deserve this award. Sunflowers always make me smile. They just seem to exude happiness, and it is infectious! :)
    you can check that aweome thread about ginger from here فوائد الزنجبيل

    فوائد الزعتر

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the conversation with readers. Leave a comment and let's get talking. ~Karin

Popular Posts