Thanksgiving 30 Day Challenge: Day 11

A cold front came through yesterday and temperatures dropped to freezing last night. Despite this some of the butterflies are real troopers and are still fluttering around looking for food.


The Giant Sulphurs are all over the azaleas which have been blooming prolifically this fall.




This Painted Lady is still showing her face. I followed her around the garden trying to get some good shots. This is the best she would give me.




It won't be long now before all the butterflies are gone until next spring. I am thankful that they are enjoying the remaining blooms in my garden.

Comments

  1. No butterflies after our freeze and snow...wonder though with temps in the 60s tomorrow what we may see...you never know...lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely something to be thankful for. I'm not seeing butterflies, but did spot a few skippers still flitting about a few salvia blooms the other day. It was nice to see them, especially knowing they'll be gone soon for the rest of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we still had blooms and butterflies but the snow chased them all away already! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a butterfly in some time but have seen the odd bee still looking for food. Amazing how these insects remain until the very last minute before the cold closes in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My butterflies have all left for warmer climates and my asters have shut down the show. I'm thankful for the time we had. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same weather as Donna and no butterflies to be seen in my home garden. But I did see a Carpenter bee on the foxglove. That was strange until I read, for my post on bee hair, that they come out in colder weather than other bees because they have a thicker coat of body hair. Stuff you find out!!! Lovely butterfly images, Karin. Always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks like you have more butterflies than I do. Beautiful captures. Like your new header too. It changes with the season?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! It's so sad to think that it will be months before I see another butterfly... Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say that I looked at a number of your recent posts - especially your walk in the woods. Thoroughly enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the conversation with readers. Leave a comment and let's get talking. ~Karin

Popular Posts