Thanksgiving 30 Day Challenge: Day 1

Yesterday I posted about fleeting moments in nature. It makes you stop and think about savoring the moments and being thankful for everything one has.

Cat, at The Whimsical Garden, has put forth a challenge to post a photograph and sentiment for 30 days of something that you are thankful for. Be sure to watch the video she posted. It is inspirational and motivational. 


For years now the shops have jumped from summer all the way to Christmas. A few shelves are stocked with Halloween costumes for a month and then Christmas takes over. Thanksgiving really gets the short end of the stick. I came across this quote the other day and I though it was perfect so I adapted it to one of my photographs.


So for the next 30 days I will be celebrating this season of thanks by posting a photograph of something I find (mostly) in my garden that I am thankful for. 

Today, I am thankful for my Coral Bark Maples.


The foliage has changed from chartreuse green to golden yellow.


And the bark is making its amazing transformation to a coral pink.


This tree is stunning all year long with its beautiful foliage and bark but I especially like it during the fall.


Comments

  1. A little tree to truely be thankful for!! Just let these days go by slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect start with the coral bark...stunning and I am thankful for your wonderful blog and challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve, I am trying to savor each day. I know they will otherwise go by very quickly!

    Thanks Donna! Your sweet words put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karin I love that last shot with the maple in all its fall glory! This challenge has already got me thinking so many times throughout the day of what I'm thankful for...I'm loving the fact that my heart can't be grumpy if I'm busy being grateful! Thanks for joining in the challenge with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coral bark maple. I was just thinking today that it might be my favorite tree for fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! How beautiful!! I'm not sure if I have time to post every day but love the idea. (I'm drowning in papers/projects to grade.) Those maples are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images. After seeing the video, I am also taking a 30 day challenge but a little differently. I had my first post yesterday at Tropical Nature Photos. We don't celebrate Thanksgivings here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mentioned your blog in my last post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos you posted. I wonder if there are some ugly things about Autumn, as everything i see in blogs are beautiful. I did not take that challenge as i will not be able to do everyday posts, besides I am more inspired by the comments rather than my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer@threedogsinagarden
    This is a wonderful idea. We all need to be more thankful. I really like the quote on the pots. Christmas really does take over too much at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I planted a coral bark maple this year. It is still small but already is making its presence known with its red stems and golden leaves. I look forward to when it is as large and lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color! A bit of sunshine there in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the conversation with readers. Leave a comment and let's get talking. ~Karin

Popular Posts