Is the Coast Clear?

A little someone has been raiding the birds' sunflowers seeds; actually two little someones.

We have a family of chipmunks living under our back deck. They have been tag teaming the feeder.

They climb up the railings and then scurry along the ledge to get up to the feeder. They are quite acrobatic.

Is anyone watching? ...Time to check out the goods.


I'll just dive right in, head first


Maybe I can reach some more from this side


Oh what the heck I'll just get right in. Peak-a-Boo


Uh oh did I hear one of those pesky puppies coming?


Well, no worries, this makes for a pretty good lookout.


O.K. back to work


Hey babe, you gotta come check this out. There is an entire buffet of sunflower seeds up here. I really don't think the birds will mind at all if we take a few.


I think I can fit a few more sunflower seeds in my mouth before I head home. I know the kids are starving.


I definitely hear someone coming this time,


time to skedaddle


I'm out of here...until next time.

Comments

  1. Great pictures, Karin. He is so cute you want to just grab him up. I have never gotten up close to Chipper, my resident chipmunk. He is one speedy fellow. Your guy just stopped for a photo shoot and has some adorable expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It's adorable. Look at its stuffed cheeks! I like the Peek-a-Boo shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love your commentary, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos - so much personality evident! Your captions are funny. I like the startled picture particularly ...

    A raccoon has been raiding our feeder at night. Somehow it leaps 3+ feet, stands on the squirrel baffle, reaches up and removes the sliding plastic plates from the feeder and scoops out the sunflower seeds. Very impressive, actually. No photos possible, darn. Photo opportunities would make it more acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute - what expressions he has! As if he really has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer@threedogsinagarden
    We have chipmunks too. They can be a bit noisy and they like to dig holes, but they are just too adorable to dislike.
    P.S. I was able to get the black snake root at the local nursery. It self-seeds everywhere in the shaded part of the garden. If you don't mind its unpredictable appearance, I find it to be a great plant for shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful photos! I just love chipmunks - probably because I've never had them in my yard. He's got an awful big mouthful there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chipmunks are so cute that it is hard to wish them gone, but they are so destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That's funny! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute!!!! I'll trade ya a few squirrels for a few chipmunks!! Love the photos and the captions. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! Such a cheeky little chap. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding me on my post comments that we have 2 more months of this. lol Watching snow photos is a good idea, however.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the conversation with readers. Leave a comment and let's get talking. ~Karin

Popular Posts